- Accounting / Finance
- Salary: TBD
Full Job Description
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s work marketplace. We help connect companies large and small with top independent talent from around the world. Simply put, our mission is to create economic opportunities so people have better lives.
Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled independent professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere.
The VP of Data Analytics will be responsible for the architecture, development, and implementation of the data management platform that supports Upwork’s platform. This person is encouraged to provide leadership and expertise in all aspects of the platform and technologies including improvement of the quality and fidelity of data consumed by business processes and analytics use cases.
The ideal candidate must have been responsible for the data platform in a large-scale big data environment and led a team of architects, developers, and engineers. The candidate will bring a passion for using technology to build efficiencies and solve sophisticated data problems at scale. In addition, it is expected that the person will collaborate with analysts, developers, engineers, data scientists, business owners, and executives, and can translate business requirements, and shortcomings into data products and solutions!
- Architect, develop and implement the data management platform vision and roadmap in partnership with broader engineering, data science, product, and business teams.
- Maintain and innovate our data platforms providing access to business reporting to executives, business leaders, and key data tools.
- Gain and maintain a solid understanding of emerging/disruptive technologies, and advancement in data, data services, data warehousing, data analytics, and cloud solutions
- Manage, develop and guide a team of data architects, developers, BI and data engineers
- Handle data platform and department budget
What it takes to catch our eye:
- demonstrated ability in data strategy, architecture, and/or analytics roles at a consumer-focused company
- Experience defining and implementing data and technology strategies
- Highly developed communication skills with the ability to story-tell using data and influence executive leadership
- Prior experience developing the data governance, compliance, and security programs for an organization
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team
- Experience driving security and privacy standard methodologies
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork, you’ll shape talent solutions for how the world works today. We are a remote-first organization working together to create exciting remote work opportunities for a global community of professionals. While we have physical offices in San Francisco and Chicago, currently we also support hiring of corporate full-time employees in 15 states in the United States. Please speak with a member of our recruitment team to determine whether you are located in a state in which we are hiring corporate full-time employees.
Our vibrant culture is built on shared values and our mission to create economic opportunities so that people have better lives. We foster amazing teams, put our community first, and have a bias toward action. We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and grow together through development opportunities, mentorship, and employee resource groups. Oh yeah, we’ve also got amazing benefits.
Check out our Life at Upwork page to learn more about the employee experience.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.