Website Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Together, we are making a difference in the world
Requisition ID: 184266BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Available in 12 Locations (Toronto, CanadaSan Diego, California, USSan Francisco, California, USSan Jose, California, USAtlanta, Georgia, USBoston, Massachusetts, USRaleigh, North Carolina, USHillsboro, Oregon, USPhiladelphia, Pennsylvania, USPittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USAustin, Texas, USHouston, Texas, US)
Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) we serve customers in a range of markets and applications from environmental and food safety analysis to forensic science and toxicology.
How will you make an impact?
We seek an emerging professional with strong troubleshooting, critical thinking, and social skills to support our customers in their use of our Chromatography Data System (CDS) and Mass Spectrometry (MS) Software. Your position will be housed in the Software Support function and will support internal and external customers. Helping you do this, is a team of Software Support professionals who work collaboratively to attack issues together.
What will you do?
- Builds working relationships with other departments of Thermo Fisher Scientific, particularly within the Software Development and Product teams
- Proactively learns new technologies as well as the supported products
- Visits customers for on-site relationship building or troubleshooting
- Serves as a customer advocate to identify mutually beneficial resolutions for us and the customer.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Life Sciences or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years software technical support experience
- Experience as CDS Administrator or Super User
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Solid understanding of CDS or MS Software
- Working knowledge of Windows Server, Win 7, Win 10
- Knowledge of chromatography instrumentation and its usage in an industrial laboratory setting is advantageous
- Comfortable with and effective at expressing and exchanging ideas, concepts, and designs in a group setting
- Customer focused and committed to customer allegiance
- Ability to collaborate closely with people at all levels, from technical experts to novice users
- Organized with the ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally up to 20% of the time
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.