Website UnitedHealth Group
Full Job Description
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The schedule for this role is: Monday – Friday 7AM – 4PM CST (Actual shift hours subject to change to meet business needs).
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
The preferred candidate will have strong knowledge of desktop, server and network technologies and will have experience navigating the activities of a Help Desk team, which provides a single point of contact for internal end users. This position will require the ability to drive ITSM best practices and ensure that service levels are met every day. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer and resolve inbound technical support calls at a large corporate Help Desk, efficiently and professionally, in a fast-paced call center environment
- Troubleshoot corporate applications with the use of a Knowledge Base and assign issues to the appropriate support group as needed
- Follow all escalation procedures according to service level agreement
- Use remote control tool to assist end users when needed
- Provide an accurate record of each call in the ServiceNow incident management tracking tool
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
- Demonstrate a depth and breadth of knowledge/skills in own area and is often able to apply these outside of own function
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years of experience providing level 1 or above help desk support in IT operations
- 1+ years of working experience in a call center environment
- Proficient using Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of ticketing software
- Professional customer service and communication skills
- Exceptional telephone, email and in-person etiquette
- Ability to communicate professionally both written and oral
- Technical Certifications preferred (A+, Network+, etc.)
- Experience with Active Directory, SCCM (Microsoft System Configuration Center Manager)
- Experience with ServiceNow ticketing system
- Experience with mobile device management, troubleshooting and supporting (Android, iPhone, POS/point of sales systems, etc.)
- Experience with Windows 10 Operating Systems
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $22.93 to $40.58. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Help Desk, Technical Support, Tech Support, Remote, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, #RPO, telecommute, hiring immediately