Website S.E. Owens & Company
Project Manager/Senior BookkeeperHourly position. 15-20 hours per week, hours flexible. This is a work-from-home position, largely remote. Firm will provide equipment.
Duties including but not limited to:
• Project management of bookkeeping division for a busy multi-client accounting & compliance firm servicing political campaigns, progressive non-profits, and mission driven businesses.
• Training of data-entry level staff people.
• Work on client books, including high level non-profit cost accounting and allocations.
• Ability to prepare tax return schedules for simple 990 and State forms (do not need to be a CPA or enrolled agent).
• Work collaboratively with bookkeeping division colleagues, research relevant regulations and resources for client questions
• Work collaboratively with political division of the firm which works with Democrat and Progressive political candidates, PACs, and other committees.
• Possible opportunities to do business development within the regional area.
• Good written and verbal communication skills. Position will be partially client-facing.
• At least 5 years QuickBooks experience
• Experience with QuickBooks Online and Excel
• Experience in non-profit accounting
• Relevant experience in staff training
• Project management experience
• Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize independently
• Experience in a remote-work environment