- Full Time
- San Francisco, CA/Remote
- Salary: TBD
Full Job Description
FocusKPI, Inc. is looking for a Looker Developer to work for our client, a business communication platform. This is a full-time contract position.
Work Location: Remote
Duration: Contract position with potential for extension or conversion.
- Looker Configuration
- Assess business needs and enable relevant Looker functionality
- Understand data access at the Slack team level and set appropriate permissions
- Ensure optimal integration between Looker and Snowflake
- Data Modeling
- Represent all data points stored in Snowflake in Looker using LookML
- Apply appropriate data typing to support known use cases
- Design for drill-downs and interactivity
- Select the most appropriate data visualization for the use case
- Apply interactive elements to support filtering and data exploration
- Collect data visualizations related to a process or strategy
- Design a narrative through data visualization placement
- Ensure interactive filters apply to all visualization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics and other related areas
- 3+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Visualization solutions
- 2+ years of experience developing insights and visualizations in BI tools and related applications, such as Tableau, Looker, Power BI
- Very strong SQL skills for querying and creation of views/tables, functions and stored procedures
- Experience with LookML models, looks, and dashboards
- Looker development with snowflake or equivalent DB as backend, best practices.
- Working closely with clients, gathering tech/functional requirements and translating them into technical design
- Ingesting data from a variety of corporate data sources and performing required transformations for consumption in dashboards
- Proficiency in Data Modeling concepts
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to manage highly-complex information, assess problems and develop effective solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to provide advice, counsel, and analysis on business intelligence issues
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
FocusKPI Hiring Team
Founded in 2010, FocusKPI, Inc. (FocusKPI) is a data science and technology firm specializing in predictive analytics practice and methodologies. FocusKPI is a US company headquartered in Silicon Valley, California with an East Coast office in Boston, Massachusetts.
To apply for this job please visit iagroup.com.