Website UnitedHealth Group
UNITED ON A JOURNEY TO IMPROVE HEALTH CARE
Full Job Description
Combine the two fastest-growing fields on the planet-information technology and health care-with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get: leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Please Note: In order to be considered for this position, you must be able to obtain an SF86 Position of Trust which is only available to U.S. Citizens. Our Facilities Security Officer will initiate this process post-offer acceptance. Failure to obtain this will result in termination from this role.
Working Schedule: This is a full-time position that supports 24/7 coverage; the work schedule will be either 1st or 2nd shift and include at least one weekend day per week.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Receive, troubleshoot and respond to Help Desk requests via phone calls or e-mails in a 24/7 environment
- Set up and maintain hardware and software including computers, printers, copiers, faxes, scanners, and projectors
- Educate end-users on how to resolve various hardware and software problems
- Act as front end support for all incoming technical issues, and gather accurate data related to the incidents reported by end users. Test the given information for validity and accuracy. Escalate complex issues and non-IT related problems to the appropriate department
- Assist staff with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktops, laptops, peripheral equipment and software complying with given standards and guidelines
- Provide direct first line support in the testing and deployment of new policies and systems
- Monitor stock levels of hardware and submit request for equipment when needed
- Front Desk duties to include helping walk ins, recording receipts of computer equipment
- Provide on-site technical support for video conference software and hardware
- Evaluate applications and software patches for desktop applications to see if they will solve desktop issues
- Maintain a working inventory of most used items for desktop support. Inventory and request items as needed to maintain effective amounts
- While being a part of a fast paced team, you’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- Associates Degree + 6 months experience in a desktop support environment, OR 2 years work/military experience in an IT field with a High School Diploma / GED
- 6+ months experience/working knowledge of Microsoft Office products to assist end – users with technical assistance for hardware and software
- Ability and willingness to work 1st shift and at least one weekend day per week
- Reliable high speed hard wired internet connection with speeds of at least 10 down and 2 up (Satellite, cellular and wireless are not allowed)
- United States Citizenship
- Ability to obtain favorable adjudication following the submission of Defense Health Agency eQuip Form SF86
- Ability and willingness to work 1st or 2nd shift hours and at least one weekend day per week
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
As a requirement of UnitedHealth Group’s contract with the Department of Defense, this position requires U.S. citizenship and proof of favorable adjudication following submission of Department of Defense eQuip Form SF86 (the National Agency Check Legal and Credit or NACLC). Successful completion of the NACLC process is a requirement for continued employment in this role. NACLC processing will be initiated by our TRICARE Security Officer post-offer and can take 3-6 months for a final decision communication from the Department of Defense. Candidates will be allowed to begin employment with UnitedHealth Group in this role based on an interim clearance, and final results will be communicated as they are received. Failure to obtain final NACLC approval will result in termination from this role.
Careers with Optum. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on an elite team. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $18.80 to $33.41. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Additional Job Detail Information
Business Segment Optum Care Solutions
Employee Status Regular
Job Level Individual Contributor
Overtime Status Non-exempt
Telecommuter Position Yes