Website Old Navy
Full Job Description
About Old Navy
Forget what you know about old-school industry rules. When you work at Old Navy, you’re choosing a different path. From day one, we’ve been on a mission to democratize fashion and make shopping fun again. Our teams make style accessible to everyone, creating high-quality, must-have fashion essentials for the whole family, with love, season after season.
We opened our first store in 1994 in San Francisco and have been on a roll ever since. We cultivate a community of playful personalities that thrive in a fast-paced environment where our employees can be their most authentic selves. Here, we’re family.
About the Role
The Pricing Strategy Analyst operates as part of the analytical engine of the Pricing Strategy team in their effort to drive strategies designed to improve the customer experience and business performance in the North America market, across the omni-pricing ecosystem.
The team works to create and drive execution of new strategies, operationalize decision-making, and evolve communication across teams to stand up lasting change related to ticket price architecture, discount strategy and yield management.
As the nature of this work is often varied and ambiguous in nature, it is expected that this role operates with punctuality and time management.
This role is eligible to work remotely from any location in the United States.
What You’ll Do
The Pricing Strategy Analyst will directly support key initiatives of the team by:
- Leveraging existing reporting and tools to find data points and learnings to support decision making.
- Leveraging existing raw data sources to create new reporting and tools to support continuous + repeatable decision making.
The Non-Negotiable traits from Day 1 for anyone on the Pricing Strategy team are:
- Approach ambiguity with a high level of energy and the self-discipline to transition from Thinking to Doing.
- Proactively approach problems as opportunities to improve.
- Assume positive intent. People do what makes sense to them. You must have a commitment to speaking with candor while listening for understanding.
- Embrace the detail and procedural rigor required to follow through.
- Approach the work as a steward of the business. Integrity must be beyond reproach in order to influence and drive change.
As the nature of this role is heavily data-oriented, it is important that the person in this role enjoys working with data. In this role, data is not just a means to an end. It will be the essence of what you do, every day. This data will be leveraged in high-visibility decision making, so it is critical that this person completes this work with a passion for accuracy and understanding.
Who You Are
There is opportunity for advancement in this role, so the ideal candidate will motivated by opportunity for personal growth. Additionally we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Personal accountability to follow through with what you say you will do.
- A willingness to be wrong, learn, and apply new learnings.
- Be willing and able to manipulate very large data sets, interpret patterns and learnings, and communicate succinctly. You might not be able to do this on Day 1, but you will embrace the details and effort needed to learn and do this consistently.
- BA/BS degree required. Preferred emphasis on business, supply chain, mathematics, industrial engineering, or economics.
- This role is eligible to work remotely from any location in the United States.
Benefits at Old Navy
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.